5 Reasons to Upgrade Your Windows
1. Provide a more comfortable environment for everyone. It is very difficult to keep everybody in the house happy about the indoor temperature. Your spouse may say it is too cold, while the children are whining about it being too hot. New windows can help to better regulate indoor temperature levels by eliminating drafts and convectional cooling.
2. Your home is safer and healthier. Most new windows feature improved locking devices that are incorporated into the frame. These are more secure than the old single latch screwed onto the top of the frame. Also, better sealing and weather stripping materials help prevent outside air pollutants from entering the home, keeping the indoor air cleaner.
3. Your home is quieter. Properly sized, fit and installed, a new replacement window will more effectively seal out noise infiltration. Sounds from loud traffic sounds, backfiring motorcycles, airplanes flying overhead, sirens – even noisy neighbors! – are greatly diminished. You can finish that afternoon nap without being disturbed.
4. No more complaining about stuck windows. Older windows, especially those with painted or stained wood frames, can swell in humid conditions or through the aging process. This causes them to stick, become difficult to open, or even remain tightly closed. Your new replacement windows are designed to operate smoothly and easily. Most will even tilt in for easy cleaning of the outside glass from right inside your home.
5. There is more money to spend on other things. When you install energy efficient replacement windows you immediately reduce radiant and convection energy loss in your home. That means your heating system and air conditioning system can operate more efficiently, using less fuel (oil, gas or electricity). This saves you money every month, sometimes up to one-third of your utility bill.